Tuesday 7 June 2011

Day 12 (3/6/2011): Cheng Pin Bookstore + Shi Da Night Market

Class ends at 12pm today. So, I got my map, guide book and also my metro card ready. What for? To wander around Taipei city of course. Regretfully, I didn’t really manage to do so. Hmm.. Next time maybe.
  However, I did go to Cheng Pin Bookstore (one of the many branches, not the 24-hour one). My host-mama dropped me here as she had other stuff to settle. Cheng Pin, here I come!! Wow… It was…quiet. Not a single noise is heard. Everyone was reading quietly or browsing softly, regardless of whether they are in a sitting position or standing position. No one made any noise.
  I was immediately in this mood, which I haven’t felt in a long time. I had this very strong feeling of wanting to immerse myself in the land of writing. I wanted to bury myself with loads and loads of books. I wanted to stay here, live here. In my eyes my mind, was only BOOKS!!!
  That night, I followed my host to Shi Da Night Market (师大夜市). It is near National Taiwan Normal University (国立师范大学). Guess what, it was Selina’s university!!! Gosh!! Selina, I wonder how you are recovering now.

  The night market was crowded with students. I wonder if there is a place in Taipei where you can walk the pace you like without being pushed forward by the people behind you? Sigh. There’s this stall, which sells 水煎包,something like pan-fried dumpling with meat and gravy in it. Can you imagine that there’s a really long queue waiting in line for this and you’ve to take number in order to purchase this pan-fried dumpling? I’m not exaggerating. See for yourself! What does it taste like? Well, I thought it was so-so. Nothing really special except that the gravy is really hot and I burnt my tongue. T.T



  It’s almost the end of week 2. 7 weeks to go for me. I am really looking forward to the arrival of the EPs whom I’m going to work with during summer camp. Also, I can’t wait to travel with them. Hope to see you guys soon!!! =) 
  Off to bed!

韵丽 笔

1 comment:

  1. pls keep some places left which we can see together. wonder ful experience and thanks for updating things

    ReplyDelete