Wednesday 22 June 2011

Day 27 (18/6/2011): 宜兰之旅 1-day trip to YiLan

  Yay!! The day have finally arrived. Off I go to YiLan, to meet my prince (my fav Ah Zong Yam Ice-cream!!). Haha... I've been missing him so badly since our first encounter!! Shh.. actually, my main purpose to go to YiLan is not for the day trip, it is to meet my prince!!

  I had to wake up rather early in the morning, as the bus will depart from GL at 7am. So.. ya... I can't remember when's the last time I get to sleep in late! But never mind about that,  what's the problem about not getting to sleep in when you have the chance to travel to another part of the city, right?

  Breakfast: Iced-coffee without sugar and also bamboo-shoot bun.


  I was surprised that you can sing karaoke in the bus!!! @.@ There's no such facility in Malaysia's bus, are there? And the seats were realy comfortable.. Awww.... pleasant seat, pleasant sleep!! Haha... We passed through this tunnel, which is called Snow-Mountain Tunnel 雪山隧道 and reached Yi Lan in around 1 hour. According to Chiao, without this tunnel, it might takes up to 2-3 hours to reach Yi Lan!! Wow~~


  I found something about Yi Lan rather interesting. That is, you get to see scarecrow everywhere!! Not only in the paddy field, but also in the river and also for decoration purpose!!! Don't believe it?




  We visited the Lan Yang Museum (兰阳博物馆)。The shape of the museum was like a building falling down halfway, kind of weird, but I have to say I am amazed by the architecture. XD For one thing, I don't really think that this is a museum actually. It's more like an exhibition hall, exhibiting the aboriginal people, the Atayal People about how they live with the nature. It also exhibited the past of Yi Lan, like how it was destroyed by typhoon and how the people rebuilt it. It also showcased what the people of Yi Lan did for living in the past, their house, their activities etc.

*That's the building.

*Map of Yi Lan.

*The surrounding of the museum.

*Interior of the museum.

  We stopped next for our lunch in a restaurant. Nothing special about the lunch, but the dessert was what I've been anticipating for the whole day!! Ah Zong Yam Ice-cream 阿宗芋冰!This is it this is it!! Finally!!!


*Another dessert, the orange-coloured-like-baby-tomatoes fruit is some kind of dates. It was really sour, but it tasted nice anc refreshing enough for summer heat!

  The next stop was at a liquor factory. Not for me, it's more for Mong Huey!!! It's such a waste she wasn't there with me. Haha.. they even have free liquor testing session. Yikes~ not for me either. But I did try some liquor coffee, its something like bailey irish coffee.. nice and creamy! Yum yum~!!



  Our next stop was at 松罗步道。It's some famous hiking spot for the locals. Yikes~ I hate this. Since there were a few people who didnt want to hike, so I stayed with them under the shade, sipping nice hot tea and enjoying refreshing watermelon. Haha.. lazy me!!

  I discovered something unique. According to the older generation aunties, there's a kind of leaves in the wild, which has this line or a folding, which indicates the number of typhoon for that year. If there's 1 line, means there'll be 1 typhoon. So, as this leave indicates, there'll be 1 strong typhoon this year. When? I don't know, nor can the leave tells. Cool huh~


    Finally, spicy soup was served for dinner. I havent eaten any spicy food since I came to Taiwan!!! Almost 30 days without spicy food!!! Miss u so much!!! And there's this special dessert. Its not jelly. Its the gum in seaweed. When you boil and cook it long enough, it'll curdle and become something like jelly!! It's really nice~!! Food Tech knowledge again~ XD

 
韵丽 笔

1 comment: