Tuesday 14 June 2011

Day 15 (6/6/2011): Sunset at "Tasteless Water"

  Its Dragon Boat Festival (or whatever name you called it) today. Honestly, I don't feel anything for this festival when I was in Malaysia, except for the fact that I get to eat ah mak's Nyonya Chang, which I don't get to eat on normal days. But here in Taiwan, this festival is taken seriously by the Chinese (Its a public holiday). I should say that the lunch or dinner thay have on this day, is similar to our reunion dinner during the eve of Chinese New Year. Every family member came home for lunch and gathered for the day. Cool huh.. But I still don't feel anything special about this festival. Maybe its the differences in our culture and the way we were brought up and the way we preserved our traditions. Although we are Chinese, there're still some significant differences. Anyway, it's a great opportunity for me to experience how the other Chinese live outside Malaysia. =)


  Around 4 plus in the evening, my host family suddenly suggested that we should go to DanShui's Fisherman's Wharf for the sunset view and have some olden-days ice to cool ourself in this serious heat. Clap clap!!! I'd love to!!!

  This is what they call as Kee-Ya-Peng (枝仔冰). Its really refreshing. It was sweet, but you won't feel the stickiness in your mouth after you had this ice. I tried red bean and peanut flavour, but I prefer the red bean one. I'm a red-bean lover!!!


  Our next stop was the Fisherman's Wharf of DanShui (淡水). 淡水 literally means tasteless water in english, thus the title of this particular blog post. Lol.. According to my host, DanShui has one of the best sunset view and atmosphere in Taiwan. No kidding. After experiencing it myself, I fell so in love with the sunset atmosphere in DanShui.

  I've never watch any sunset before this. And someone said this to me:"You've never watch any sun setting because you don't have a someone to watch it with you." Is it so?

  We got there just in time for the sunset, and I had one of the most mesmerizing moment in my life, watching the sun going down with every second that passed, and finally, leaving us in complet darkness. It was really breathtaking.

Fisherman's Wharf.







<3 Adorable. Old couple enjoying the sunset hand in hand.
Will there be someone beside me the next time I watch sunset? Finger crossed..


This is known as The Lover's Bridge.
 
韵丽 笔

No comments:

Post a Comment