Tuesday 14 June 2011

Day 13 (4/6/2011): 林家花园

  Week 2 is coming to an end. Man, time really flies.

  Well.. I got a shock when I heard from my host family that we are having a bowling session at night, after dinner. Oh dear oh dear, I'm seriously good at washing the drain. I CAN'T BOWL!!! Aiyaya... Die la die la~!!!

 "Calm down calm down.. We'll visit some nice places first." Hmm.. This sounds better. So, here I am, at  林家花园 (The Lin's family Garden). This family was a big tycoon back in the past and was really rich. THe descendants are also very rich now, owning supermarkets and companies. Their mansion, inclusive of their gardens and yards are considered as very spacious and luxurious.

  The moment you step into this place, you will feel the surroundings are like twisting tornado, trying to send you back into the past. Haha.. not exagerating! The tall, sky-reaching old tress, swaying willows, colourful flowers, big and nice ponds with fish and ducks, tall red building, pavillion with intricate crafting etc... Give me my cheongsam, and Tada~~ Picture Perfect!!!




  My host mum baught this two desserts, saying that they like it very much. The round one is red bean with salted egg puff while the other is a lemon chocolate cake. Not bad~ =)



  As for dinner, we went to this steak house, with a long queue waiting in line to be served. I was awestruck when I saw the crowd queueing outside the shop at 6pm. The shop was open only around 5.50pm, and the queue was like... well.. a few shops long. @.@


  Their specialty is Steak, 12oz, 20oz or 40oz. They serve pork chop and fish fillet as well. So, being a sincere buddhist, I ordered Hallibut fillet. My god, it was so bonny that I almost got choked. No more Hallibut fillet, EVER!!

On the left is a 20oz steak, while on the right is a pork chop. Compare!!!

A big group photo of me and my host family and their friends.

  And bowling?? Nothing much to talk about... What's there to talk about washing drains?? Urghh~~ my stupid hand just couldn't get straight.

  Yay! Come to the part where I really like. Guess what. We had the famous Yong He Soya Bean for supper. FYI, it is not known as YongHe Dou Jiang actually. It is known as 世界豆浆大王。But as it's originated from Yong He, many copycat copied their brand by saying that they are Yong He Dou Jiang. Lucky me, got to try the real Yong He Soya Bean!! =)

  I saw something like saltish soya bean with egg on the menu. Out of curiousity, I ordered 1. I almost throw up when I tried it. It was... YUCKS!!! Imagine soya bean with egg, Cai Bo and also Yao Char Kuai in it. Gelinya~~



But to be polite, I quickly swallowed the whole bowl, mind you, it wasnt a small bowl. Urghh... No saltish soya bean anymore. I down a cup of cold sweet soya bean. Ahh~ Feel better. I'd better stick to eating something normal. No more trying out food which look ridiculous. I'm afraid of the dark now.


Good night for now~!! I'm sleepyyyyyyyyyyyyyy~

韵丽 笔

No comments:

Post a Comment