Tuesday 14 June 2011

Day 14 (5/6/2011): Taipei City with Sunny~

  A brand new sunny Sunday~!! Perfect day for outing with Sunny. =)

  I took bus 640 to Xi Men MRT station alone. Yes, A.L.O.N.E!! Bravo VV!! Lol.. I met up Sunny at a Hankyu (統一阪急). This shopping mall sells mostly Japanese stuffs. I'm not a J-fans, so, to me, it was ok, nothing really special.


  For lunch, we went to the food court downstairs. This place is more or less like KLCC shopping mall back in Malaysia. Had Tsujiri Matcha Ice Blanded and Chocolate puff for lunch. I queued up for almost 1 hour to get my Tsujiri Matcha Ice Blended. I thought it would be something different and really nice as I saw a long queue waiting. Alas, it was so-so only.


  Hmm... How should I say this? Don't be surprise. I wasn't really into shopping today. Ya.. very rare right? I know I know. So, we had a stroll in the city. We walked really slowly, obseving every building beside us and also the people whom we passed by. It was a hot day, yet many people are out in the sun, enjoying the summer the their fullest.



  We saw many street artists, performing various acts. They are in full make up, and I think they are kind of professional. Haha... There are also many talented peeple, who sells their work and crafts along the streets. I like the streets in Taiepei City. Although there are many people on the street, there never seem to be any trash. They are so disciplined that they will never litter and will always sort their trash according to those which can be recycled and which cannot. Good Job!!! 



  Finally, we reached Taipei 101. There's this competition here today, where the contestants have to climb up Taipei 101 in the shortest time they can manage. So ya, we weren't allowed to go up. Ahh.. What a waste. It's ok. Will go some other time. =) So, we lingered around the area of Taipei 101 and took some photos. Sunny and I were really insane that day. We walked for who-knows-how-far, just to get a good photo of Taipei 101, without us looking like an ant. Don't laugh at us, we are not professional photographer! How on earth should we know how and where and which angle to capture the photo???
 
 
Proud of Twin Tower in Malaysia.

Sunny and I!

Directly in front of Taipei 101!

Hmm.. still acceptable.. Cant be too fussy~!!

  Our next stop was Dr. Sun Yet San Memorial Hall (国父纪念馆). It's located directly on your left when you get off the MRT. Not much walking to do. Haha.. At this place, there's a big spacious square where the locals cycle and fly their kites. Haha. They really aren't afraid of the big sun. I'm extremely scared of getting tanned and have my long sleeve pulled down to my wrist. I'd rather get all sweaty than to get tanned. I take months and even years to get back to fair. Duh~~ I need whitening treatment!


ancient and modern marvels!

Another 1 with Taipei 101. I have no idea why I'm obssessed with Taipei 101.

  We got of the MRT at YuanShan (圆山) station. This is where the Floral Exhibition was held. Lucky me, the day we went, there was this Taipei's Delicacies Exhibition. I had this milky ice cream, where the ice cream cone was actually a crossaint. Haha.. Cute~!!



  
  We also walked to the attractions nearby, such as the Confucious Temple (台北孔庙) and also Bao An Temple (保安宫). To be frank, I'm not really into temples. But I thought since I am already here, no harm going there and pray and show some respect. =)



  The next station I got off was the JianTan Station (剑潭). Yep, it's ShiLin Night Market. Oh my gosh... The people.... The pace of the people walking there.. Oopss.. sorry. I should say "the pace where the people pushed you forward" was really as slow as a snail. It's difficult to stop and look at things, let aside buying food and eating it while walking. Haha.. Well, I don't quite like ShiLin actually. You come here just to get sweaty, no chance of buying things and trying food.



 
  SO ya, I called this a day. A very tiring day indeed. From 1 place to another.. travelling by MRT.. It was really fun and exciting. Haha.. Sunny, we should do this again~

  Night~!


韵丽 笔


No comments:

Post a Comment