Tuesday 14 June 2011

Day 17 (8/6/2011): Met up with Yoke

  I finally met up with Yoke after weeks in Taiwan. I feel so good to be able to meet someone from my country, and to speak mandarin in our special Malaysian slang. Lol.. The moment I speak with Yoke, my taiwanese accent was gone totally and the malaysian slang was on full blast. Haha.. All the 啦、咧、咩were released from prison… Haha...

  While waiting for her to get to Xi Men Ding, I wandered around Xi Men Hong Lou (西门红楼). I didnt have much time to sight see as Yoke reached Xi Men Ding a short while later. Good thing, because I was kind of hungry. Time to conquer the night market with Dino Yoke.

  We stopped at The National University of Taiwan 台湾大学 (NTU 台大). Aww... If only USM is like this. The atmosphere here is really cool, especially when you walk along the road with rows of Coconut tree, the famous 椰林大道.



Syok sendiri here, imagining myself graduating from NTU. Lolz....

  We walked around the area, but in the end, decided to go to ShiDa Night Market (师大夜市), which I've been to last week. Well, no harm going there again, with different people, different feeling. I don't have much to talk about night market actually. We just walked around, trying different food chit-chatting away happily in malaysian slang.

I tried a milk mantou and also a sesame bun. The milk mantou was really tasteless, without the slightest taste of milk. The sesame bun was much better, with a really aromatic sesame taste. 
This was not the crepe we ordered. We ordered matcha-flavour crepes. Yep, it was this huge.


Peanut milk ice. Everyone in Taiwan is really cautious now, trying to avoid any trace of fruit syrup or jam. DEHP!!!
 

韵丽 笔

No comments:

Post a Comment